  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:56:23 +1000

Re: Setting up FBCON/KGICON

David Waite writes:

>  I tried to get things working with 1.0.109 Saturday night, the VGA stuff put
>  me in an unusable graphics mode and then the kernel oopsed. It could be my
>  compiler though (egcs snapshot patched with pgcc ;))

Same thing here when I tried the VGA.  Since the hard-coded mode is
640x400x8, I'm not surprised it doesn't work.

>  BTW where do I send bug reports for the devel kernels?

Probably linux-kernel.  Look at :

    http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

>  > 	Graphics, specifically 640x400 in 8-bit or greater.
>
>  Ahh, only 640x400 res?

For now at least.  It is currently hard-coded, but that will be fixed
RSN...

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/