  From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

Re: Geert: When will stock kernel work?

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:
> Brian writes:
> >  Will the changes to make fbcon functional for VGA be included
> >  in a stock kernel anytime soon?
>
> They went into 2.1.107 about 2-3 weeks ago.  I'm currently running
> vgafb + mdafb multihead here (vger kernel though).  Note that vgafb
> is text only.

And in the mean time you can even use vgacon + mdacon to have multihead. For
VGA text mode, vgacon is the better choice. Martin Mares did a great job there.

I guess you can have some VCs on vgacon, and some on fbcon, too.

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be