  From: Chris Meadors <cmeadors@acc7.ac.cc.md.us>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 17:00:23 -0400

Re: ggiGetc or ggiGetkey?

I'll get both replies at the same time...

Steve Cheng wrote:

> CORRECTION:
>
> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Steve Cheng wrote:
>
> > The "action game programmers" :) should not use ggiKeyRead() anyway.
> > They should just use ggiEventPoll directly and get evKeyPresses and
> > evKeyReleases (and usually not evKeyRepeats).

I'm just piddling around, and haven't even looked at evstack yet.  I'm
mostly interested in libggi as a portable library.  I think that GGIconsole
is a great idea, but it probally won't be avaible on Windows anytime soon.
Or am I wrong about GGIcons, will I be able use it's API anywhere?

I don't think ggiKeyRead() is in the documentation I looked yesterday.
Perhaps the message about updated documentation will cover it now.  Doesn't
matter anyway, just piddling.

> Am I correct?  If so, the "meaning" (sym) of the shift keys would indeed be
> K_VOID.  So IMO, ggiGetc() should just ignore K_VOID events, since they are
> not 'characters'.

I'll agree with you on this position, as long as 0x0000 to 0x001F will still
be considered charaters (I want NUL, BS, HT, NL, and CR at least and BEL is
fun :).

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo".  The second penguin