  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:27:16 +0200

Re: ggiSetFlags patch (was Re: triggered some probs with libAA-target)

> -       int (*dummy_miscman[2])(void);  /* Place holder */
> +       int (*dummy_miscman[1])(void);  /* Place holder */

Uh-uh, running out of space here...
As we're breaking everything now anyway I propose that we add
new dummy entries so that each dummy-array is at least 5
entries long. Agreed?

[snip]

> 0. It belongs in "misc management".  Okay?

IMO it does.

> 1. Is it necessary for targets to override ggiGetFlags() too?

Nah, I can't see any reason for that.

> 2. I don't think it's proper for ggiSetFlags to go in generic-stubs.  So we
>    just require targets to include this code if they don't do anything
>    special with the flags (like they do with other misc management stuff):

Hmm. The purpose of the generic-stubs library is to provide all functions
that's possible, and the default ggiSetFlags() is highly generic.
As most targets will use the generic version I don't see why it shouldn't
go in there.