  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 12:43:56 -0400 (EDT)

Re: triggered some probs with libAA-target

I'll take several messages at once:

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> [snip]
>
> Doh, I forgot about that change. Ok, here's the deal with
> mansync:
> All targets that uses mansync.inc and have the possibility
> that the application can ever open more than one visual
> should adopt the mansync_hook_with_a_clashpreventing_name
> scheme (but with a diffrent name obviously!)

Please put this documention in mansync.inc.

> > can someone tell if this _mansync_stop is really needed ?? i'll try if
> > everything works without this call in GGIdlcleanup.
>
> Replace it with:
>
>         /* prevents a soon-to-be unloaded function from being called */
>         ggiSetFlags(vis, GGIFLAG_ASYNC);
>         ggiFlush(vis);

I had a much cleaner version of this mansync business sitting around, but it
requires ggiSetFlags passed to targets.  Should we implement that now?

> Maybe we should have a maintainer in charge of every
> target so that they doesn't just get forgotten when changes
> like this is made?

Yes, I don't like fixing targets that I know nothing about.

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org
www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;