  From: KC5TJA <kc5tja@topaz.axisinternet.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 00:23:56 -0700 (PDT)

Re: fbcon-KGI bridge

> Where c = controller, t = scsi target and d = lun.  So when I add one device
> the numbering stays same, and c0t0d0 refers to same disk unlike in Linux where
> the mapping can change (more easily than in Solaris).

Linux does have a standard for this.  /dev/sd* are for SCSI devices.  sda
refers to the first harddrive on the SCSI chain, and sda0 refers to the
first partition on the first harddrive, etc.

The hd* follow the same conventions as the sd* series, but for IDE devices
instead.

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net