  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:53:47 +0200 (MEST)

Re: libggi dependencies

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Hartmut Niemann wrote:

> quick question:
>
> I changed degas/include/ggi/types.h, tried a make in libggi and
> almost nothing happened.
> Could it be that nobody currently cares about what .h files a .c.o
> file depend on?
> Could that be made automatic?
what about the automake/autoconf/...-package ?? the kde-project is using it
all over the place on different archs and you i think you know the size of
the kde-project.

for those who don't know auto*:

automake creates Makefile.in from small Makefile.am.
autoconf creates the famous Configure from an template called Configure.in.
Configure takes the Makefile.in and gives you an Makefile for your system.

this package includes the creation of dependencies between *.h, *.c and *.o.
it cares about the different versions of AA-lib.

it's mighty and powerful, if you know how to touch it.

> BTW: make clean doesn't clean up the demo directory.
>
> Hartmut.
> --
> Hartmut Niemann   --   niemann(a)cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
> http://cip2.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de:8080/hyplan/niemann/index_en.html [/ggi]

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-