  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 15 Jul 1998 13:50:20 GMT

Re: License issues

Hartmut Niemann <niemann@cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote with confidence:
> Last thing I remember was, that a mixed-mode approach was thought best,
> with all os-dependent parts with a license that fit the OS, and for the
> independent parts something in between the BSD style and the LGPL.
> Andy, would you please post your latest draft?

   Since it's splitting into multiple parts anyway, let's use:

GGI Common Headers - Perl Artisitic License

KGI Headers - Perl Artisitic License

GGI Console For Linux (aka EvStack) - GNU GPL (to match the kernel)

GGI KGI For Linux (aka kgicon) - GNU GPL (to match the kernel)

GGI libGGI - GNU LGPL

KGI drivers - BSD (since they're loadable modules)

	Except:	VGA KGI driver - Public Domain

  Any objections? All .tar.gz trees EXCEPT the degas
development tree will consist of ONLY ONE license model.
Note that the common headers can be put in any tree.

  This way we can use the `common' license models
in a compatible way. All code published is copyrighted
by the GGI Project AND the original author. License
changes (ie, (shudder) making GGI commercial) will
require all major authors of a piece of code AND
the GGI Project to agree to change the license.

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

  Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
  already built into the User?
	-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
	   comp.os.linux.advocacy