  From: Torgeir Veimo <torgeir.veimo@vertech.no>
  To  : GGI <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:29:40 +0200

XAA cathedral: steffen?

Steffen, could you enlighten us on what your cathedral contains right
now?

I'm specifically referring to the stuff done to interface with XAA
binary modules and libGGI. I assume if mode negotiation and setup is
done the kgicon way, the acceleration stuff in XAA could be made to work
with libGGI and/or a XGGI server. I think it would be very nice to have
this and if it isn't possible to get things working out of the box, a
source only sollution would also suffice.

The reason for me wanting this is to reuse work and to minimize
support/synchronization issues and that XFree86 has a fairly reasonable
professional organization which some vendors preferr to use.

It is hard to anticipate what you are working on in this respect so an
update would be nice. :o)

--
-Torgeir