  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 20:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

Re: KGI in the kernel?

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, David McCanney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just been the website.

	Me too |-<.

> When did Linus say that kgicon could go in?

	He hasn't.  It is anticipated that he will, but we haven't
formally asked him yet because KGI/kgicon still needs some work, and
anyway Alan Cox will be consulted first before anything is ever said to
Linus.  2.1.109 is already going to have a s---load of new stuff over
2.1.108 anyway (and a ton of new fbcon stuff in particular), so I wouldn't
even say that we should try for inclusion in 2.1.109.  Maybe by .110 or
.111.

> This is cool!

	No, it isn't particularly.  Chris, could you please either remove
that announcement or modify it to reflect the real state of things (kgicon
is somewhat working and in CVS, that's it)? Thanks.  And BTW, it's
"probably", not "probally".

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'