  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:58:54 +0200

Re: Degas cleanups

Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > And the Makefiles DO need som major cleanup. Escecially the libggi
> > ones which is a royal PITA of the worst degree...
> > Sigh, I really which we could have those 127^3 hour days soon.
>
>         If I come up with a working system for KGI, will you guys use it
> for LibGGI?

If it's good and flexible, ofcourse we will.
The current libggi configure-system is messy, but it IS
flexible. For example, on my Linux-system I can just type
setenv W32_CROSS
make
and libggi builds as a bunch of win32 dll's instead of
native Linux libs. Flexibility of this kind must be
kept, but it has to be easy to maintain and make
additions too, which the current system is not.

(Oh btw, libggi does now build almost out-of-the-box
(IIRC you only have to change / to \ in libggi.conf,
\ to \\ in .config and $(CONFDIR)/libggi.conf in
Makerules to  $(CONFDIR)\\\\libggi.conf) for win32.
But the when I try to run any of the demos win95 claims
that it can't run ggi.dll :-(
I'll try to do some more testing this weekend though,
so we'll see what happens)