  From: Chris Meadors <cmeadors@acc7.ac.cc.md.us>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 17:58:02 -0400

Re: Out of the chaos

TWibberley@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 09/07/98 18:24:38 GMT, James A Simmons writes:
>
> I think we need to ask people on one of the GIMP mailing lists to join a web
> page design team, we need some professional looking images. Announce that the
> pages will probably visited a lot (simply because of arguments that occurred
> months ago because of rumours), and that they will receive credit and
> publicity for the images (ask what copyrights they need and try to work out
> some arrangement with respondees). I think this should get some skilled
> graphic-designers interested. All you need to do then is convince them.
>
> Of course if there are skilled graphic designers already involved with the
> GGI-project then this is all academic. :)

Actually your current webmaster can be pretty creative graphicly.  I have
always just kept the pages pretty bland.  As was pointed out in first
message of this thread, the content is mostly geared towards developers.  So
I just kept the looks of the page clean and fast loading.  I have been
toying with some ideas, but wasn't sure how anyone would like them.
Tomorrow is my last day of work for a few months, so I'll have plenty of
time to play.  I'll dust of my GIMP and POVRay and see what happens.  I'll
upload some concepts to a "/new/" directory on the main server.

Of couse if anyone would like to give some design a shot, I'd be more than
happy to consider it.  I'm good with buttons, background, colors, layout,
but if you want any cute little characters, that isn't me.  I'm more of a
graphic designer and not so much a graphic artist.

Well anyway, I'll post here when I get the first concept up.

-Chris
--
Two penguins were walking on an iceberg.  The first penguin said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo".  The second penguin