  From: Hartmut Niemann <niemann@cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:41:33 +0200 (MESZ)

Re: Problems with a S3 Card

Jon wrote:
> 	It better not be trying to use MMIO mode, because he has a plain
> Trio64 (no V+) which doesn't do MMIO.  I had hoped that the chipset init
> stuff would pick up on that, but if it isn't that would explain why it
> worked when he selected VGA chipset.  Sigh.  More MMIO problems, just
> what I need.  Oh well, it needs to be fixed.
>
> Jon

Lutz,
As soon as things look a little more stable to me (that is: the new
KGI/fbcon/kernel 2.1.1xx problems are solved and Jon has a well-working
Trio64V driver for that combo), I plan to check the driver and make
necessary changes for Trio32 and plain Trio64. But at the moment
I think it would be the best to leave Jon do his stuff and make his
driver work for *him*.
Currently the whole system is a too-fast-moving target for me to write
a driver for :-/
We'll make it work on your Trio64 when he's finished, i promise!

Hartmut.

--
Hartmut Niemann   --   niemann(a)cip.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de
http://cip2.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de:8080/hyplan/niemann/index_en.html [/ggi]