  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 15:06:10 -0700 (PDT)

Re: kgi, mail, ...

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> O.K. - for those who wondered why I have been quite silent in the
> last few days (and this will continue probably until next weekend),
> and why I am surprised about the double-kgi etc.:
>
> I have finally bought myself a new system, and am in the process
> of swapping things around. This impacts the usability of my home
> network considerably, and I might loose some mail or something,
> too.
>
> As I am currently very busy with work, I don't have much time
> for reading GGI mails.
>
> So if there are important thing I need to see, please mark them
> prominently , so I do not just "brain-grep" over it for important
> keywords and thus miss it.

	I will cc: important stuff to you.

> Regarding the double KGI thing:
>
> If it is a temporary hack to make things work - this is o.k.
> It is a development repository after all.

	Yes, this is the situation.

> But this needs to be solved before the next freeze, or I will
> not build a stable tree from it.

	Of course.  Jason, will you help me remove the old KGI stuff from
your GGI console directories so nothing breaks?

> Duplicating code is _evil_, a nightmare to maintain and must be
> avoided at all cost.
> Also note, that Steffen has some changes to the KGI API pending,
> so please don't make life for him harder than necessary.
> I will not accept yet another DPP hack.

	The stuff I have changed is not like the dpp stuff was.  The
closest it comes is with the kgim_graphics_*() -> kgim_accel_*() and
-E(GRAPHICS, *) -> -E(ACCEL, *) namespace changes.  You said that this was
OK....

> O.K. - enough said. Someone please check what needs to be done
> and resolve that issue.

	Will do.

---
becoming one with God.'