  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 18:46:40 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Bt485

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 wlfshmn@ramses.ml.org wrote:

> Is anyone aware of any card using the BrookTree 485 or similar RAMDAC?

ATI produced some cards with the 481, the cards were:

VGAWonder XL24
VGA 1024 DXL
Graphics Wonder
Graphics Ultra AXO
68800 AX

The DACs were on some cards upgradable...

I have a 28800 (VGA Wonder XL24, must be) with a Bt481, haven't played
with it yet tho.  The registers for the 481 are in different locations
than the 485 and there are less of them; some of the format looks the same tho.

I also have a Headland with a Bt479 and one of my wd90c00's has a Bt476,
they are 8bit and 6bit respectively.

--
Brian S. Julin