  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 13:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

Re: kgicon checkin ... ARGH !

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I know that this is a preliminary first release of the kgicon stuff ...
>
> But could you _PLEASE_ not duplicate all the drivers ?
>
> Is there good reason for that ?

	Yes.  The includes have moved, which means that every file needs
to change to reflect this, for one thing.  There are other changes too.
This has been discussed *extensively* on this list for the past week or
so.  Where have you been that you did not see this?  As well, I asked
several days in advance of the commit if anyone had any problems with what
I was proposing, and you said nothing....

> KGI is supposed to be independent of the OS and architecture, so we
> should not need to have to different sets of drivers in our CVS.

	Yes.  The original stuff will have to go at some point.

> We will have a hell of a time in maintaining _two_ sets of KGI
> drivers at the same time. Someone please fix that.

	Nobody should be working on the current "KGI console" KGI part
right now anyway.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'