  From: Frank W. Miller <fwmiller@cs.umd.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:09:54 -0400 (EDT)

Re: here we go...

Continuing on the Makefile theme...

In the first non-recursive Makefile I run into, in the accel directory,
I run into this SUBDIRS thing again, so I replace the all target with
the following:

all:
#       @echo -n "accel/ : "; set -e; \
#        for i in $(SUBDIRS); do echo -n "$$i "; $(MAKE) -C $$i all; done
        $(MAKE) -C $(ACCEL_CLASS) all
        @cp $(ACCEL_CLASS)/$(ACCEL_TYPE).o accel.o; echo

I was thinking.  The original first item goes and makes all the accel
drivers.  Why do this?  Why not do something more like what I'm suggesting
where you only build the specific object file you need?  Am I missing
something here?

Later,
FM

--
Frank W. Miller                           Department of Computer Science
fwmiller@cs.umd.edu                               University of Maryland