  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:14:27 +0200

Re: Changing the kernel makefile system...

Steffen Seeger wrote:
> > Ok, pretty much like I thought.
> > In other words we just need to make the multisync driver support
> > more than one range of h/v timings and we have a unified monitor
> > driver (Timelist would have min == max for every range, and
> > monosync would have min=max for v ranges)
> >
> > //Marcus
>
> Not really.
>
> Timelist has fixed timings and fixed dot clock (and thus
> fixed resolutions).
>
> Monosync has in horizontal directions fixed timings, but no fixed
> dot clock. But it does have fixed clock (the hsync frequency) and
> timing in the vertical direction.
>
> Multisync has neither fixed timings nor fixed clock rates in
> either direction, but the ratios should somehow fit.

Well, a fixed timing is nothing but a non-fixed timing
with an infinitely small range...
But if we don't win anything by generalising the monitor
stuff into a single scheme we can of course just do
switch (display->monitor.type) {
	case monosync:
	case multisync:
	case timelist: