  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 12:16:23 +0200

Re: Changing the kernel makefile system...

Steffen Seeger wrote:
> Timelist allows only some fixed h/v resolutions.
> Monosync allows only some fixed v resolutions, but is flexible horizontally.
> Multisync allows any h/v resolutions, as long as timing restrictions
> are met. (resolutions may be different).

Ok, pretty much like I thought.
In other words we just need to make the multisync driver support
more than one range of h/v timings and we have a unified monitor
driver (Timelist would have min == max for every range, and
monosync would have min=max for v ranges)