  From: Isaac Connor <iconnor@uwaterloo.ca>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 23:45:23 +0000 (Local time zone must be set--see zic manual page)

Re: Last kgicon update before it goes in CVS

> Watch out for my enhanced ATI Mach64 frame buffer device. I'm making progress.
> There's still something wrong with the sync offsets, it looks like I divide by
> 8 one time too much somewhere.
>
> If I'm correct, there's no KGI driver for ATI yet?

I, along with Simon Hammet and others (Simon is the maintainer) are
working on it.  I don't seem to be able to wrap my head around the more
significant guts of card programming, but I've written a nice system for
handling multi-mach64 detection and use.

No, there is no working driver for mach64's yet for ggi.  I think we need
some dedicated time put in by somebody who knows how to do it.  THat's not
me unfortunately.  And Simon seems to have no time to work on it.

BTW I am loking forward to using your mach64 driver on ia32 fbcon...

I've been looking at your code as an example implementation.  It's nice
and straightforward...

I'm blathering...

I really want better support for mach64's.  I want to play quake in a
higher res than 320x240.

Later
Isaac Connor