  From: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
  To  : Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:16:09 +0200 (CEST)

Re: Last kgicon update before it goes in CVS

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Emmanuel Marty wrote:
> Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > It's a pity no one has time/knowledge to update 2.1.x for BeBox...
>
> Well, I think I'd have the knowledge and inclination, but time is another
> story.. I suppose I could go without any documentation and just look at
> what the current bebox boot code does and port it over to 2.1.x, maybe
> someday I'll have the time .. :/ Say, would fbcon handle the imagine #9
> in it? I can always swap it for an ati 3D rage pro II or an S3 virge
> that sleep in my closets if it's not..

I don't think the #9 will work with fbcon yet.

> > Does it run 2.1.x? Does tgafb still works? I wrote it without access to an AXP
> > box, and a friend with a Multia removed the rough edges.
>
> It runs 2.0.33, but I can compile 2.1.108 on it if you like.. And about TGA,
> I wouldn't know, it's a PC64 therefore it has a PCI bus, and an ATI pci
> board in it :) MILO messes the chargen rather well when booting actually,
> but it sorts itself out when the kernel takes over.
>
> I suppose I should _at least_ try fbcon and some KGI driver on it.. :)

Watch out for my enhanced ATI Mach64 frame buffer device. I'm making progress.
There's still something wrong with the sync offsets, it looks like I divide by
8 one time too much somewhere.

If I'm correct, there's no KGI driver for ATI yet?

Greetings,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be