  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  To  : Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
  Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 21:25:13 +0000

Re: Last kgicon update before it goes in CVS

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> So your machines has more memory and disk than my development Amiga, which also
> serves as the mail server here. Very reliable machine, running 2.1.106.

Well, I had all that memory since a long time ago (back when it was an
amazement :), but the disk is one that was taking space and heating one of
the peecees for nothing .. I don't use much anyway..

> It's a pity no one has time/knowledge to update 2.1.x for BeBox...

Well, I think I'd have the knowledge and inclination, but time is another
story.. I suppose I could go without any documentation and just look at
what the current bebox boot code does and port it over to 2.1.x, maybe
someday I'll have the time .. :/ Say, would fbcon handle the imagine #9
in it? I can always swap it for an ati 3D rage pro II or an S3 virge
that sleep in my closets if it's not..

> Does it run 2.1.x? Does tgafb still works? I wrote it without access to an AXP
> box, and a friend with a Multia removed the rough edges.

It runs 2.0.33, but I can compile 2.1.108 on it if you like.. And about TGA,
I wouldn't know, it's a PC64 therefore it has a PCI bus, and an ATI pci
board in it :) MILO messes the chargen rather well when booting actually,
but it sorts itself out when the kernel takes over.

I suppose I should _at least_ try fbcon and some KGI driver on it.. :)

> Any kgi drivers for TGA yet? :-)

Lend me an Alpha with such a display, and I'll sure write one :)

--
Emmanuel