  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 13:44:08 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Last kgicon update before it goes in CVS

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > > Well, as we discussed, EvStack^WThe GGI console :) is not going
> > > to handle the display part anymore ; so I suppose you should create
> > > a directory in CVS for kgicon and put the drivers under that..
> >
> >         Very well, degas/kgicon and degas/kgicon-include it is, unless
> > anyone has objections and I hear from them before tomorrow evening.  I
> > guess it really doesn't matter what the directories are called - the stuff
> > is going to be isolated from the rest of degas as far as makefiles and
> > installation goes anyway.
>
> I suggest degas/kgicon/include instead of degas/kgicon-include.
> If it's not related to anything else of degas it should be
> kept in one subtree. (Actually it should in any case IMO)

	degas/kgi/include is the card-specific stuff right now.  I can
combine the two include directories - in fact I initially had things set
up that way, but after looking at the fbcon include layout (where e.g.
macfb.h was in drivers/video but fbcon.h was in linux/include/linux), I
decided to separate them to more closely follow the established linux
way.  But they could be recombined:

include/kgi.h
include/IBM/vga.h

like that.  Once change in the top-level .make_rules should be all that
would be needed to reconfigure everything.  Comments?

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed