  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 04 Jul 1998 16:58:59 +0200

Re: Misc changes to devel-tree

> *shrug* I wish one would consult me before doing such changes..
> Especially now that we don't have an AIX platform to test
> anymore (would require redoing all symbol exports for it anyway,
> so ...)

Symbol exports should be uptodate as I use them when I'm
hacking my win32 stuff. But that reminds me that I haven't
told people to always update the EXPSYMS files when you
change something in the libggi tree.
But now I have. ;) So please do this!

> The 'weird symlinks' and cp's are because gnu install is not the
> default on IRIX, and while I could hardly get around to not use
> gnu make, that one could be got around with..

Maybe I should have been a bit more precise.
The cp's that were used as a replacement for GNU install
have now been replaced with the config/scripts/install
script I added. The "weird" symlinks I was refering to
were stuff like this:
        ln -sf $(INST_LIB)/ggi /usr/lib$(_IRIX_ARCH)/ggi
        ln -sf $(INST_LIB)/libggi.$(DLLEXT) /usr/lib$(_IRIX_ARCH)/libggi.$(DLLEX
T)
        ln -sf $(INST_LIB)/libggi.$(DLLEXT).$(SOMAJOR) /usr/lib$(_IRIX_ARCH)/lib
ggi.$(DLLEXT).$(SOMAJOR)
        ln -sf $(INST_LIB)/libggi.$(DLLEXT).$(SOMAJOR).$(SOMINOR) /usr/lib$(_IRI
X_ARCH)/libggi.$(DLLEXT).$(SOMAJOR).$(SOMINOR)

If that's really neccesary for ALL IRIX machines, please have a look
at the HOST_LIBGGI_RULE thingy that I did for CYGWIN32 and add a
generic entry to lib/libggi/Makefile.