  From: WolfWings ShadowFlight <wolfwings@lightspeed.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 12:08:37 -0700 (PDT)

Re: ggiGetc or ggiGetkey?

On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, Chris Meadors wrote:

>The shiftkey should also undo the caps and num locks when held.

Please, please, please, please, pretty please make that an option, and
don't make it the default? It would make KGI/GGI/whatever the only PC
computer OS I know of that does that by default, and would generate
_scads_ of false bug reports. I've tried such a setting, and I'm sorry, it
doesn't work for me at all. Then again, I'm a programmer, and if I'm
typing in a long string of variable declerations, I'll leave caps lock on,
so I can type:
volatile int CYCLES, F, JUMP_POINT, SKIP_THIS, JUNK, TRASH;
a tiny bit faster for myself, by only holding down shift for the first two
words.

If nothing else, remember that forcing anything on the user that doesn't
need to be forced only results in angered users and a smaller user-base in
the end. Simple fact of life: If a user dislikes something, and can't
change it, they might well switch to something else entirely.
             _
     _     _|_  WolfWings ShadowFlight
|_|_| |_|_| | |  She needs to fly...
 _           /   Let all the hurt,