  From: Matthias Grimrath <m.grimrath@tu-bs.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 20:03:38 +0200 (MEST)

Re: job offers

Sorry for the late reply.  I've been quite busy this week...

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Matthias Grimrath wrote:
>
> > No.  Not because it is a technical problem, but rather a political.
>
> 	It certainly is a political problem, and this is a political
> solution.  Politics is the art of compromise, and up until now the GGI
> project has not been willing to compromise *at all*.

I wouldn't say that.  libggi has always been changed to make it compile on
other platforms.

> > Hard, emotionial words.  But that's how I feel.
>
> 	I am sorry you feel that way.  I do not share your feelings.  I am
> still going to port KGI sans input devices and consoles to Linux/fbcon.  I
> will be porting all the Dali KGI drivers sometime soon, so your Mystique
> driver will be working in the Linux kernel should you want to work on it.

It's been some days and I have cooled down.  I won't leave GGI development
unless you (the GGI team (whoever that is)) tell me to do so, I am still
willing to support the Mystique and port it to the new fbcon wrapper.  So
I'm compromising here, leaving GGI was never an issue for me anyway.

It's just frustrating to see how some people reject our idea of graphics in
the kernel, then fbcon appears that is inferior than our design. (only
unaccelerated graphics).  Kernel folx object EvStack, then I have to read
about a sub mailing list on kernel discussing the same subjects.  It
wouldn't surprise me if someday a mailing list opens working on a
DirectInput equivalent.

Anyway, I don't have the resources to participate in GGI devel except
maintaining a driver.  I only shouted out because I feel I have sometimes
been too silent.

Matthias Grimrath