  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 16:36:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: FreeBSD port?

Hi !

> Hi, libggi as of 980622 compile dies at linking stage.

This is really strange ...

> gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/home/abaram/degas/lib/libggi/display/X'
> ld  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lXt -lXext  -x -Bshareable -o
> /usr/home/abaram/degas/lib/libggi/display/dll/X.so visual.o mode.o
> events.o color.o
> ld: internal error: RRS relocs exceed allocation 82

Hmmm - this is odd. Chances are good we triggered a bug in the linker.

Please check with some BSD linker freak to see if he can make some sense
of that message. Internal error normally means "Ooops - this shouldn't
happen !".

> the -stable version complied, but demos would complain about default
> pallete and segfault:(

Could you send exact transcripts of what you tried ?

I.e. what X server in what resolution and depth, what demos (demo.c would
be good) and eventually the output of

bash$ LIBGGI_DEBUG=255 ./demo                and
bash$ strace ./demo

Should help us tracking that problem ...

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>