  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 17:18:31 +1000

Re: ggiGetc or ggiGetkey?

Andy writes:

>  >  [SNIP KeyRead that ignores KT_SHIFT]
>
>  Quick decision: Yes. Will be less confusing regarding getting simple
>  textual input. And those wanting to see shift and such explicitly
>  should really analyze the events.

Righteo, will do.

>  > And the code still does that U(x) stuff:
>  >         kbd_event.key.sym = 0xF000 ^ entry.kb_value;
>
>  KILL THAT !

It isn't a bug (see other post).

>  We might kill the KT_LATIN and KT_LETTER thing some day - or rather
>  redefine KT_LATIN to 0 and kill KT_LETTER.
>
>  How about tomorrow ? :-).

Let's do it !

(a) Kill KT_LATIN & KT_LETTER, and just use Unicode.

(b) Update the namespace.  Possible candidates:

       sym/label    type         modifier

   (1) GK_ENTER     GKT_SPEC     GKM_ALTGR
   (2) GGIK_ENTER   GGIKT_SPEC   GGIKM_ALTGR
   (3) GGI_K_ENTER  GGI_KT_SPEC  GGI_KM_ALTGR

What's the preferred one ?  [I vote (3)]

Cheers...
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/