  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 00:01:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Multiheaded Linux

Hi !

> > > Do I need two identical cards to get multiheaded?
> > Right now sort of but not really --

No. You need n-1 "smart" VGAs that can be mapped out completely from VGA
io. S3 968 is reported to work be Steffen. The "last" one can stay
in VGA mode.

> So going multiheaded right now (excluding MDA) is really messy and requires
> rewriting of the drivers?

No - not really. Just setting up a multiheaded system isn't supported nicely
yet by Makfiles, utilities and such.

> GGI is going to support multiheaded displays in the future with less pain,
> isn't it?

Yes. Someone give this a shot (I'll probably place two graphics board in my
new machine just to make sure I someday try it :-).

CU,ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =