  From: Paananen Osmo <odie@cs.tut.fi>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 10:04:00 +0300

Re: fbcon-KGI bridge

> > /dev/fb0 is the "current framebuffer" I hope, like /dev/tty0 is an alias
> > for the current console... :)
> No, dev/fb0 is the first frame buffer device.

Would it be a bad idea to start using device names which would resemble more
Solaris device naming than Linux?

For example the device names of hard disks in linux go: sda1 sda2 sda3 and so
on, but in Solaris they go on: c0t0d0 c0t1d0 c0t2d0

Where c = controller, t = scsi target and d = lun.  So when I add one device
the numbering stays same, and c0t0d0 refers to same disk unlike in Linux where
the mapping can change (more easily than in Solaris).

I haven't been thinking this for long, so there may not be any sense in this
but please give it a tought.