  From: Morten Rolland <Morten.Rolland@asker.mail.telia.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 22:37:49 +0000

Re: The battles.

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi Morten, nice to have you on that project as well ;-) !

Thanx, hi!

I've been lurking around here for some time, and I'd like
to point out that the standard excuses for loving GGI/KGI
applies to me as well (safe accels and a flexible low-
level foundation).

Thanks to all of you taking the time to follow up on my
initial comment on why userland SW-primitives may
sometimes introduce more context switches, rather than
fewer (combined with accels).

It seems we all more or less agrees on the technical sides
of the "problem", and that possible solutions like
accel-gain prediction or out-of-order execution may help
us out for those, possibly few cases, where a card only
goes half the distance.

I'm relieved that the task of figuring out if an accel
or SW-function should be used seems to be the duty of GGI
(in most cases anyway).

I very much enjoy your efforts,

- Morten

PS:  If a separate module/library is ever needed to do
     accels, I suggest it'd be called GTI...

PPS: Andreas, there is/was definitely something wrong with
     your mail-feed... I've had delivery warnings from
     sirene.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de (Feb 1, 02:13:40 +0100).