  From: Peter Danielsson <peter.danielsson@era-t.ericsson.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 15:03:44 +0000

Re: cross compiling...

I managed to get around this by changing the lines
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF( char, 0)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF( short, 0)
etc. in configure.in to look like:
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF( char, 1)
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF( short, 2)
and so on and then running autoconf.

I think the configure script aborted somewhere around line 2175
when it found out there were no 8 bit datatypes available, but I
have not investigated this further (I got it to work for me :)
Anyway, it would be nice to have this easily configurable in some
other way than messing around with autoconf scripts

/Peter