  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:02:49 +0100

Re: Matrox G200 specs released!

Stephen Crowley wrote:
> > Of course, this is all talk, as I haven't looked at a bit of Mesa source
> > code since long before even 3dfx hardware support was added, and I don't
> > even own a G200 yet (although I am reading over the specifications for it,
> > quickly.)
>
> That sounds like a good idea, what would be the best way to do this though?
> I was hoping there was already some sort of driver outline to follow.
> Maybe it would be best to use GLX for this instead of coming up with some
> new way of doing things, how will Creative go about it?

GLX is AFAIK a way to integrate OpenGL with X, and has not much to
do with coding at the register level.
In any case the first thing you need to do is to write a basic driver
with modesetting and 2D acceleration.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se