  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:24:58 -0500 (EST)

Re: ggiSetOrigin with fbdev...

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, [iso-8859-1] Jonas Borgström wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have some problems getting ggiSetOrigin to work with the fbdev target.
> What does the ff->fix.ywrapstep variable do?

It is the variable to determine if you can do scrolling. If 0 then no
scrolling, otherwise you can scroll. In fbcon.c you see it used for this
purpose.

> GGI_fbdev_setorigin in fbcon/pan.c contains:
>
> if ((ff->fix.ypanstep == 0) || (ff->fix.ywrapstep == 0)) {
> 	y = 0;
> }
>
> and ypanstep is set to 1 and ywrapstep is set to 0 in fbcon-kgi.c, so the
> setorigin function will never work, is this correct or should the driver
> change the values somehow?

No it should be fixed. It should be fixed in libggi. The driver is fine.

James Simmons
Linux System Admin
EdgeNet Inc / Chek Inc
jsimmons@edgeglobal.com