  From: G. Gregory <ggregory@bitbox.co.uk>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:02:47 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

RE: STB and S3 tech specs

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, David Waite wrote:

> [...]
Well this would be a good time to say that in the European Union as far as
I know you are allowed to Reverse Engineer what you like. If not in the
whole EU at least in Britain you can. This I got from an expert in
Copyright and Patent Law ;-) So any KGI reverse engineering should be done
here then.

Licenses for most software products are not worth the paper on which they
are printed. They are just bullying tactics.

Graeme

--
Graeme Gregory                          | "god is a number you cannot
ggregory@bitbox.co.uk                   | count to, you are posthuman