  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:57:59 +0100 (MET)

Re: Matrox Millennium support (2)

Hi !

> The problem is that I want to get in some 320x200 mode with it...
> 24-bit/32-bit is ok...

AFAIK this is _not_ possible on both the kernel and the KGI driver, as
they both set the card in "enhanced" mode, which disables some VGA features.

> I don't get in 320x200 mode with the matroxfb driver from the 2.2.0 kernel..

> The KGI driver doesn't works well at all... It loads fine now, but when I try
> to start a program with it, it segfaults... the GGI_DEBUG=255 output
> tells me that the mode setting succeeds (normal 640x400 mode), but when
> it tries to access the framebuffer it segfaults... This happens with all
> modes I try.. libggi works fine in any X target, so that isn't the problem...

Hmm - there are two #defines at the to of fbcon-kgi.c:

#define KGICON_USE_MMAP 1
#define USE_VMOPS       1

Try commenting them out to:

//#define KGICON_USE_MMAP 1
//#define USE_VMOPS       1

It helps to cure the same effect for VGA. Though reports say, that Matrox
should run with it.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>