  From: Jonathan Miller <betaray@eaze.net>
  To  : Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:31:01 -0600 (CST)

Re: Mailing list info..

Wiki is not an feature to make the website fancy, in the since of looking
good. I merely suggested it because it facilitates getting information on
to the page. In a way that you don't need anything but a browser to make
updates. If you want a web page that looks good that's one issue. What I'd
like to see is a web page that useful. I was going for the KISS principal,
that if we want people to actually put up information about what they are
doing and what things need to be done let's eliminate as many of the steps
as possble.

Before wiki was introduced into the Altima project their webpage was in
the condition that the ggi-project site is in now. Now there has been a
post wiki explosion of information, and the webpages are actively
maintained.

Again only my $.02.

--
Jonathan