  From: Martijn Faassen <faassen@vet.uu.nl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:12:39 +0100

Re: Can LibGGI be dlopened ?

Andrew Apted wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm experiencing a weird problem with the Crystal Space GGI port.  [I've
> had enough "weird" problems to last me a lifetime :->].  The crystal
> space executable (cryst) loads in the GGI 2D driver (csggi2d.so) using
> dlopen().  csggi2d.so is linked with libggi (-lggi).  The problem is
> that I get "unresolved symbol" errors, which go away when I do:
>
>    export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libgg.so:/lib/libgii.so
>
> Anyone know what the problem is ?  Is this the same problem that others
> are having with trying to use libggi with (IIRC) python ?

Yes, I had a similar problem. I haven't looked at the Python/GGI link
for a while yet, but the problem description sounds very familiar. I
read somewhere a recent update fixed the problem, and as mentioned
elsewhere in thread, it appears to be the case.

Most recently when I tried I had some new problem, which was weird as I
thought I had it nailed. When I get time I'll look at it and post a
description here (if I don't solve it :).

Regards,

Martijn