  From: Jonathan Miller <betaray@eaze.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:52:34 -0600 (CST)

Mailing list info..

I sent an email about this earlier but I don't think it went through.
After talking with Andy about how this whole mailing list situation that
has popped up I'd just like to offer for comment what I told him.

I can offer mailing lists (with remote administration and all sorts of
bells and whistles) to the ggi project. He told me that he thinks this
list should stay where it is at, but other lists it would be good to have
archiving with a web based interface (and etc). This is very simple for me
to get running.

Also, I've been thinking a lot about the way the ggi web page. As pointed
out in a previous message it looks like this project is dead from the page
and that can hurt support. I'm developing a open source site that does too
much to mention here and one of the projects we provide services for is
the Altima Online (an online game) project. These fine folks introduced me
to wikki. Wikki is a interactive cgi based web page creation system. It
basicly allows people to edit webpages online without having to have any
sort of access to the box or even knowing html. A webmaster takes care of
the look of the pages and users fill in the content. This allows for
multiple people to edit the pages and keep their own sections up to date
while not having to report back to the webmaster or having to write
documents and ftp them all over the place.

If you would like to check out in action, just cruise over to altima.org.
And you'll notice the little "Edit" buttons at the bottom of most every
page.

I think this would allow for maintainers to easily up date the information
on their specific work, and give the site an air of more activity. Because
the way the page s now, it's pretty darn dead.

Just another thought.

--
Jonathan