  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:55:18 +0100

Re: patch for libggi configure problem

Moses DeJong wrote:
> I did have a working LibGII installed, the problem was that when linking
> to -lgii the compiler bombed out saying it could not find libgg or
> something. Would setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the configure script be
> a better approach?

No, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running configure is the right approach.

LibGGI needs LibGII, and therefore configure tests if LibGII is
installed and usable. If LibGII is not in the dynamic linker's path
it is not usable and it's the job of configure to tell you that.

What you describe above sounds very weird though. Please give the
exact error messages.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se