  From: Moses DeJong <dejong@cs.umn.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:53:50 -0600

I can not configure gii, please help!

I got the latest ggi code from the CVS and I installed automake 1.4,
libtool 1.2, and autoconf 1.13.

Then I ran this in libgii.

aclocal ; autoheader ; automake ; autoconf

aclocal: configure.in: 132: macro `AM_SYS_SYMBOL_UNDERSCORE' not found in library
configure.in:126: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
configure.in:126: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling

./configure

creating cache ./config.cache
../../lib/libgii/configure: syntax error at line 564: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' unexpected

What am I doing wrong? Is this a ggi problem or is something wrong
with my tools install? I think the tools are installed correctly
because I have used them to configure other projects but I have
not way to be sure.

Mo DeJong
dejong at cs.umn.edu