  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:27:22 +0000

Re: Target categories/dependencies...

Steve Cheng wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:
>
> > xf86dga is an accelerated X target;

xf86dga is by definition not accelerated as it uses the DGA extension.

> > kgi is standalone but requires kgicon. (??) I don't know much about the
> > current state of KGI.
>
> kgi is non-functional.  For kgicon, use the fbdev target.

If you want to have acceleration support for kgicon drivers you
need generic-kgi which depends on kgicon.

> > linvtsw seems to be needed for console switching under the fb target. Does
> > any other target make use of it?

glide and svgalib

> > I have no ideas which targets require the prescense of the mansync helper;
> > could someone enlighten me?
>
> (From configure.in)
> mansync_dependent="x aa tile"

Also palemu and trueemu.

> > PS -- I realy don't need all of the "what is" questions answered;

Have a look at doc/targets.txt.

> I suggest grouping targets that do not depend on any other graphics package
> together.  E.g. palemu,trueemu in one package, multi,tile in another, and
> memory in base package.  That's much easier.

palemu, trueemu, multi, tile, memory and all other targets which
doesn't require external libraries belong in the base package.
They are just as much part of LibGGI as ggi/internal.c.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se