  From: Jacek Konieczny <jajcus@zeus.polsl.gliwice.pl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 18:00:22 +0100

ViRGE problems

Hi,

It's me again.
I managed to start Quake II using LIBGGI-wrapper on my ViRGE card. Of
course I was using trio64 ramdac driver (I don't thing my card has
anything else).  It worked, but the colors were all wrong. But this was
easy to fix (a patch to ramdac/S3/trio64.c is attached). The bigger
problem was the fact, that system was unusable after quake exited.
System was still working, but the screen was unreadable.  And after a
console switch I got a blank screen, and system stoped responding to
keyboard (except Alt-SysRq).

I found, that virge RAMDAC driver manipulates STREAMS processor. Is it
really a RAMDAC part. I thought it was rather a chipset/accel part and
should be supported in those drivers.

XFree86 (S3V and SVGA servers) also uses trio64 ramdac driver for my
card, so I think this is right. But the KGI trio64 ramdac driver needs
some more bugfixes.

Greets,
      Jacek
--
!      ,  !            Jacek Konieczny, Gliwice, Poland            !

trio64_ramdac.patch