  From: Jorrit Tyberghein <Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 08:33:27 +0100

Re: libGGI3d -- ready to code?

Filip Spacek wrote:

> You are probably wondering why am I asking all these questions. It has
> always been my dream to make a 3d rpg game. Now I got some free time on my
> hands so I started to work on this project.

Not to try to steer people away from LibGGI3D but you could also consider
Crystal Space. It is a 3D engine which works on Linux (among others) and
supports software rendering, OpenGL, and Glide there.

Crystal Space already has a GGI target (which Andrew Apted still needs to
update by the way :-)

As soon as LibGGI3D starts to get in a useable state I will also try to use it
in CS as a 3D rendering target.

The url is: http://crystal.linuxgames.com

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

I MUST SAY THESE ARE VERY GOOD BISCUITS. HOW DO THEY GET THE BITS OF
CHOCOLATE IN?
        -- Death has a snack
           (Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies)