  From: Evan Martin <txs@concentric.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:39:35 -0800

miscellaneous problems (RIVA, ggi2d).

Hello,
I've been following ggi development for a while, and
it seems to me to be the Right Thing to work on.
Unfortunately, I seem to be having a lot of problems
getting anything to work. :\

First, the kgicon driver for the nVidia RIVA 128 doesn't
seem to work for me.  After I insmod it, the console becomes
garbled, with lines down the left side of every character.
It gives me hope to see that it doesn't lock, though. :)
I understand that everything is very preliminary, but if
anyone has got this to work, could you email me?

Secondly, I thought I'd play with libggi2d.  It compiles,
but when I try to compile a demo, I get the following error:
[~/degas/lib/libggi2d/demos]$ make demo
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o demo  demo.o
../ggi2d/libggi2d.la -lggi -lm
gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/demo demo.o -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib
../ggi2d/.libs/libggi2d.so -lggi -lgg -lm -lggi -lm
../ggi2d/.libs/libggi2d.so: undefined reference to `DPRINT'
make: *** [demo] Error 1

Also, what is libgic?

The good news is that ggi itself works ok.

Thanks for any help.

--
Evan Martin - http://e.x0r.ml.org - txs@concentric.net