  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:06:36 +0000

Re: Strange unresolved errors: expand_fdset

Dylan R. Evans wrote:

> I'm trying to get GGI working on my box:
>
>   Linux statue.internal.sil-usa.com 2.2.1-ac6 #16 SMP Thu Feb 18
> 11:55:24 CST 1999 i686 unknown
>
> ...using the CVS version of GGI from today. I tried folloiwng the
> directions for making kgicon
>
>   ./configure
>   make config (autodetected my permedia2 card and said it would do VGA)
>   make
>
> It made with no problem. When I tried running insmod kgicon.o I get:
>
>   kgicon.o: unresolved symbol expand_fdset
>   kgicon.o: unresolved symbol expand_fd_array
>
> I checked the mailing list and none of these seemed to show up as
> questions. Is there something wrong with my setup or what am I doing
> wrong.  I have fb support in the kernel and I tried it with and without
> MODVERSIONS.
>
> Various Verions:
>
>   gcc --version: egcs-2.91.60
>   insmod --version: 2.1.121
>   linux: 2.2.1-ac6
>   degas: CVS from today
>
> Hopefully someone knows exatly what's wrong and how to fix it.

Unfortunately not. I have basicly the same setup as you:
   gcc --version: pgcc-2.91.60 (pgcc is just egcs with pentium patches)
   insmod --version: 2.1.121
   linux: 2.2.1
   degas: CVS from today

The string "expand_fd" does not exist in any file in either the degas
tree, the linux kernel tree, the pgcc tree or /usr/include, so I
have no idea where those symbols come from.

Please try to run 'make clean' and remake the kgicon module.
If it still doesn't work try running
find | xargs grep -i expand_fd | less
in the degas/kgicon dir and in the linux kernel tree and see where
the symbol comes from.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se