  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 19:47:41 +0100 (MET)

Permedia 2 KGI driver.

Hi folks !

I have talked to Ilario Nardinocchi, the author of the PM2 fbcon driver, and
he has granted me permission to do a port of it to KGI under the KGI
license.

That is, we can have an OpenSource PM2 driver in addition to Steffen's
closed source driver.

The reason that I'd like to do that port is, that the alternative, the Suse
X server, tends to hang my system from time to time. I like XGGI much better
in that respect, but I'd like to have it accelerated.

I'll as well see, if I can support the Video-IO stuff on my ELSA OEM board,
what would allow me to completely abandon Windoze ...

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =