  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:08:44 +0100 (MET)

Re: "terminating on signal 11" problem, 2nd try

Hi !

> >  i just tried to set the correct default mode, but it doesn't
> >  make any difference. so i turned on the debug mode as suggested
> >  and here are the results.

> The logs look fine.  It is really strange, that 640x480 works for you
> but 800x600 doesn't.  I use vesafb here in 1024x768 and 800x600 modes
> and LibGGI has been working fine for ages.
>
> What kernel are you using ?  Also if you could post the output of
> "fbset -i" after booting into 800x600, that may help [there is source in
> degas/kgicon/util/fbset in case you don't already have a binary].

That is an interesting idea. Especially check, if the "stride" value is
correct. I'm not sure how the mmap-length is calculated, but in case
it uses virtx instead of the stride, which may well be possible,
I'd assume that it doesn't map enough memory and thus fails.

Did that appear recently ? Andrew recently fixed a bug with stride
calculation, and that might have triggered the effect.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>