  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:59:31 +1100

Re: "terminating on signal 11" problem, 2nd try

Christoph Luehr writes:

>  i just tried to set the correct default mode, but it doesn't
>  make any difference. so i turned on the debug mode as suggested
>  and here are the results.

[SNIP LOGS]

The logs look fine.  It is really strange, that 640x480 works for you
but 800x600 doesn't.  I use vesafb here in 1024x768 and 800x600 modes
and LibGGI has been working fine for ages.

What kernel are you using ?  Also if you could post the output of
"fbset -i" after booting into 800x600, that may help [there is source in
degas/kgicon/util/fbset in case you don't already have a binary].

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/