  From: Kenneth Johansson <ken@canit.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:54:41 +0100

Re: What about LibGGI 2.0 Beta 2?

Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >
> > Hartmut Niemann wrote:
> > >
> > > What issues need to be resolved?
> > > Or is everybody back to coding libggi 2.2?
>
> No, we're making sure that 2.0 final is so good that there won't
> be a need for version 2.2. ;-)
>
> Issues that are being worked on are console-switching for apps that
> don't want to be halted and acquire/release functions for framebuffers.
> Also there are some keyboard issues that needs fixing.

Two things I have thought about is refreshrate controll and off screen
memory management.

First refresh rate control is good for mpeg playing and 2d scroll games.
Its not fun to sync your 2d game to a 120HZ refresh that eats up all your
memory bandwitdth. I dont know if libggi can controll that now.

Second to make a square blitt of offscreen memory you have to use a
virtual screen and blit from that. This can be very bad as it is very
possible that every new src data line now happens to be in a different
dram page. This makes the blitt slow. Src data should be continous in
memory. That is a src block should not have any stride value on the data.
Can this be done now?